Of all the distractions taking me away from painting my Eldar, my IG and other assorted models in queue, perhaps the most benevolent and excusable is the on-going Home Table project.
I live in a condo, so space is premium. The whole idea is to have a table that is portable, sets up fast and easy, and packs away just as quick and neat too. So after some mulling around, I built and acquired the materials for it. So this is what I have so far:
- 6'x4' board, cut into three 2'x4' pieces for easy handling and storage, from the local hardware store
- Double-sided battlemat from gamemat.eu
- 12 tall trees from Woodland Scenics
- 28 medium trees from Woodland Scenics
- 6 mounting boards (for the woods) from Art Friend
- 2 craggy hills from ye olde local pet store
- 2 low flat hills from Amera
- 1 four-stoery ruin from Amera
- 1 Fortress of Redemption from GW (I guess this can be broken down into 4 different structures)
- 2 three-storey ruins from HF
- 1 wrecked Rhino from HF
- 1 lookout tower from HF
The Amera kit is a simple vacuum-formed thing, but it works out really well. In fact I'm soooooooo tempted to get a couple more (the Admin Block and Factory look awesome), as well as the really nice-looking Gothic Ruins from Gamemat.eu. But I passed my LD test and did not click "Buy".
- Assemble the remaining 28 trees
- Base all 40 trees
- Cut out the mounting boards to mark out woods area terrain
- Paint all of the above
- Paint the Amera ruin
- Touch-up paint of the craggy hills
- Paint the low hills
- Touch-paint the old terrain from HF
- Assemble and paint the Fortress of Redemption
I'm stoked! But I do want to finish painting the 6 jetbikes this month too. Anyways, you know what they say about the best-laid plans ...
Will be having a game vs some Ultramarines this weekend - should be a blast!
Keep them dice rolling!