Sunday, July 17, 2016

Gathering materials ...


... for my table in JB!

While my Hemlock and jetbikes are still WIP (I've been chipping away at these models, painting whenever I can find the time. The Hemlock is coming along nicely, and I hope to post pics up soon), I've also started to gather things for my new table in my new place in JB.

I've ordered one of those cool battlemats, and that's on its way here. I've managed to rescue some of the scatter terrain that I painted for Legio some years back, and that will be put to good use - maybe a bit of repainting to better match the mat. I also have a Fortress of Redemption on sprue, and will start assembling it next month. The idea is to use the individual parts of the fortress as stand alone terrain features (either as bunkers, buildings or impassable terrain). I've also ordered some ruins and a couple of hills - experimenting here and there. I think all the stuff I've ordered would be arriving over the next few weeks - exciting indeed!


And I got a 6x4 board from the local friendly hardware store to mount the battlemat. The board itself is cut into 3 sections of 2x4, for ease of transport and storage. And with a quick visit to ArtFriend I managed to pick up a couple packs of awesome Woodland Scenics trees. The idea is to assemble them, spray a black undercoat, and drybrush browns and grays for that fresh ashwaste look. I'd prefer mounting them on MDF woods bases, but I might just settle for hard card mounting boards instead.

Anyways, I'm stoked about table Mk.1 and look forward to finishing it and rolling dice on it.

In the meantime, I got some dice to roll tonight ...

No comments:

Post a Comment